Door Knocking Script
If you are lucky enough to live in an area where door knocking is possible, it is a great way to get new leads. Here is what you need: An iPad with cellular connection. That’s it.
What you do: Pick a neighborhood that you want to pick up listings in and go knock on every door (unless there is a for sale by agent sign in the yard or a no soliciting sign). You should be able to knock on about 75 doors per hour. Out of those 75 doors, you will generally catch about 25-30 people at home. Out of those, you will usually get about 15 contacts. That is 15 new leads per hour with absolutely zero cost. Not bad, eh? The more you do it, the better you will get and the higher your conversion rates will be, so get started already!
Here is the script:
**knock, knock**Hi, my name is __________ with _________ Realty. We’ve had a lot of interest from buyers in this neighborhood, so I wanted to see if you’ve thought at all about selling your home over the next couple of months?
- Great! Where are you looking to move to? _________
- That’s a great area. What takes you there? _________
- How soon would you like to be moved in there? ________
- That’s great. You know, to get the best estimate for what your home is worth, I need to have a look at the inside of your home to get a feel for the condition and some of the updates you have done to the home. Is now a good time?
- If now is not a good time, I have Thursday at 3pm or Saturday at 5. Which is best for you?
- No problem, thank you for your time. Oh, by the way. I have a service that I provide where I can send you monthly reports of what’s going on in the neighborhood and also provides you with a current home value estimate. Would this service be of interest to you?
- If Yes:
- Great! I have it right here on my iPad. If you wouldn’t mind, just go through the steps here. Step 1 is to put in your physical address and step 2 is to put in your email address. That’s it! Your home value report should be in your email already. By the way, do you know of anyone in your neighborhood that may be thinking of selling soon?
- Thanks and have a great day!
- If No: Not a problem. Thank you for your time and have a great day!
- If Yes: